Shower room

Seo’s practical jokes

Practical Joke #1

Contributor: Jeong Seo
Performer: Jeong Seo
Title: Shower room
Sem/yr: Spring 2005

I was the prankster for this practical joke, but this joke can be happened to anybody who lives in dormitory. In my case, I did it to my friend, Anupam, who lived in the same floor as I did. One night in very cold weather, he and I studied till late night. He got tired and went to take a shower before going to bed. I immediately went down to the floor where ice machine was. I fill the bucket with ices. It was very heavy but worth doing it. I went up quickly to our floor before my friend finished his shower. Our shower room was partitioned into rooms with walls and curtains. I poured ices to him when he got nicely warm by the hot water. He shouted. By that time, he didn’t know exactly who did it to him because I poured from top of next shower booth. Ices must have got all over his body from heads to toe. He came out from the shower room only putting his tower and ran into me. I was somehow so thrilled. However, I had to run away from him because I knew he wanted to take revenge for that. It was fun.

The prankster of this practical joke was me. I used to do this during winter time. In above case, one day at the Eigenmann Hall in winter, I did to my close friend Anupam to shock him for a minute. Pouring ices to someone having shower has been done by many college students. This practical joke probably came from male dormitories where many guys lived together because it is one of the popular jokes among dorm students. Besides, there are practical jokers in any dorm and most dorms furnish ice machine, so it is easy to find. Especially among friends they do it to one another by taking revenges. By the way, victim can be friends or just random floor mates. There are many other dorm practical jokes. This ice joke is just one kind of them.

I modified the picture from <http://www.daido-it.ac.jp/~ametan/26th/images/dorm_06.jpg>