Salt Shaker

Practical Joke #2

Contributor: Jeong Seo
Informant: Won-Guk
Title: Salt shaker
Sem/yr: Spring 2005

Charles (C.L.), Won-Guk (W.G.), Steven (S.L) and I (J.S.) went to Chinese buffet restaurant together. We were all having buffet dinner. When both Charles and Steve went to get some more food, Won-Guk and I was still working on the food. I asked Won-Guk about practical jokes.

J.S. : Have you done any fun practical Joke at the school?

W.G. : Nothing comes up in my mind right now.

Well. No… But I can show you one.

Won-Guk picked up a salt shaker, loosened the tap of it, put a tissue paper inside the tap and close it. But, the tap was still loosened so that when next person use it, the whole salt and the tap can fall down on food.

J.S. : Why did you put tissue inside the tap?

W.G. : To make salt not come out from holes of the salt shaker. Then, next customer will

shake it harder to sprinkle salt on his food. The tap is not completely closed, but

still needs enough of force…

J.S : Oh, ok! I got it.

Right then, Charles and Steve came back.

W.G. : Oh. Steve! You also got the ‘hot and sour’ soup.

You probably need to put salt.

Steve tasted his soup with his spoon and shook the salt shaker on it. Whole salt and the tap fell into his soup. Steve cursed Won-Guk and everyone was laughing including him. Steve had to bring another soup.

This prank was done at the Chinese restaurant between friends in 2005. This unique category came from a certain comedy television show according to what Won-Guk said; unfortunately, he couldn’t remember the name of the show. This joke can be done in any restaurant. Salt shaker can be found on any table in the restaurants (the prevalence of material). Students are not only folk group which can do this joke. Anyone can do this prank, but it has been done between friends or the joke can circulate through random people.

I modified the picture from <http://www.bkmarcus.com/blog/images/salt_shaker.jpg>